Boy, 2, Zapped To Death After Putting Spoon In Extension Cable Socket - ViralTab

Boy, 2, Zapped To Death After Putting Spoon In Extension Cable Socket

Story By: Lee BullenSub-EditorMarija Stojkoska,  Agency: Newsflash

A two-year-old boy has been electrocuted to death in the Philippines after he put a metal spoon into an extension cable socket.

Little Jake Angara was killed at his home in the Philippine city of Quezon while his mother Eloisa Angara was preparing a bottle of milk for him.

While his mum was momentarily distracted, the toddler put a metal spoon into an extension cable socket and was zapped to death, according to local media.

@Mharc.Louise/Newsflash

The distraught mother said that she thought she left the spoon out of the boy’s reach, but he somehow managed to get hold of it.

The mum told the TV show Saksi that she “heard an explosion” but initially thought that something “just fell”.

However, her husband then screamed and told her that “Jake was electrocuted”.

@Mharc.Louise/Newsflash

The boy was taken to hospital for emergency treatment, but succumbed to his injuries.

His funeral is due to take place today (23 February).

The ViralTab page is created by and dedicated to professional, independent freelance journalists. It is a place for us to showcase our work. When our news is sold to our media partners, we will include the link here.