Story By: Gheorghi Caraseni, Sub Editor: Joseph Golder, Agency: Central European News
These x-ray images show a toothbrush lodged inside a young woman’s stomach after she used it to try and dislodge a piece of meat stuck at the back of her throat and accidentally swallowed it.
The unnamed 22-year-old woman was hospitalised in the western Russian capital Moscow after swallowing her toothbrush.
According to local media, the woman was enjoying dinner with family members when a piece of sausage lodged in her throat.
She left the dinner table to go to the bathroom alone where she used her toothbrush to dislodge the meat.
Reports said that she accidentally inhaled and swallowed the toothbrush whole.
A relative then called the emergency services and an ambulance arrived at the house.
She was taken to hospital where doctors removed the foreign object from her system after a one-hour procedure, according to local media.
The young woman was sent home the same day and will need to return for checks to make sure everything is normal.
Netizen ‘Olga Kostrova’ said: “This woman was so creative that she used a toothbrush as a pick! Good that the medics were able to save her.”
‘Elena Kaneva’ commented: “What a large throat she must have for a toothbrush to disappear. Move aside David Copperfield!”
The ViralTab page is created by and dedicated to professional, independent freelance journalists. It is a place for us to showcase our work. When our news is sold to our media partners, we will include the link here.