Shopper Knocks Over Fire Extinguisher Which Explodes Covering Store In Toxic Powder - ViralTab

Shopper Knocks Over Fire Extinguisher Which Explodes Covering Store In Toxic Powder

Story By: Feza Uzay, Sub-Editor: Marija Stojkoska, Agency:  Newsflash

This is the moment a clumsy shopper in Turkey accidentally knocks a fire extinguisher off its stand resulting in it exploding into life, firing flame retardant powder all over the store.

The customer, who was not identified, knocked the fire extinguisher which removed the safety pin in a supermarket named A-101 in the neighbourhood of Gunestepe in the district of Osmangazi in the city of Bursa, located in the Turkish province of the same name.

The incident was widely reported by Turkish media on Sunday, 24th October.

An unnamed customer accidentally hit the fire extinguisher hanging on the wall and dropped it to the ground, the safety lock of which was opened, and the chemical powder inside filled the market with smoke in Bursa, Turkey, in October 2021. (Newsflash)

As seen in the security camera footage, the shopper is browsing the store when he brushes past the fire extinguisher.

As the customer clips the extinguisher that is suspended on a stand he knocks it onto the ground.

According to the news site Ahaber, the fall knocked the safety pin out of the extinguisher and the powder was released at extremely high pressure creating a thick cloud of the substance.

An unnamed customer accidentally hit the fire extinguisher hanging on the wall and dropped it to the ground, the safety lock of which was opened, and the chemical powder inside filled the market with smoke in Bursa, Turkey, in October 2021. (Newsflash)

The extinguisher continues to spin for several seconds while the customers rushed out of the shop.

Local media did not report on the cost of the damage caused by the incident.

It is not clear if the customer who knocked over the extinguisher will be expected to pay for any damages.