Man Electrocuted By High Pressure Hose In Car Wash

Story By: Amelia Guran, Sub EditorJoseph GolderAgency: Central European News

Video Credit: CEN/@mash

This is the moment a 53-year-old car owner is electrocuted to death when he reaches for the high-pressure hose in a self-service car wash.

The incident took place in the village of Kochubey in the district of Tarumovsky located in the south-western Russian republic of Dagestan while the unnamed man went to wash his car.

Pictures Credit: CEN/@mash

In the footage, the unsuspecting victim appears to put his money into the machine before taking the handle of the jet.

After touching the equipment, the man falls backwards against his SUV.

Pictures Credit: CEN/@mash

According to reports, an ambulance arrived on the scene but paramedics were unable to save the 53-year-old’s life.

Police spokesperson Rasul Temirbekov said that a preliminary investigation was launched to establish the exact circumstances of the man’s death.

Pictures Credit: CEN/@mash

Results reportedly showed that an electrical fault was to blame and the Russian police are currently trying to track down the owner of the petrol station where the car wash is based.

According to local media, they allfailed to observe safety measures and failed to correct known problems with the equipment.

If found guilty of negligence, the owner could face up to five years in prison plus have to pay moral damages to the victim’s family, according to reports.

Netizen ‘Kalian Micu’ commented: “I am no longer going to use a self-service car wash! Such a shame for the man who lost his life due to someone else’s carelessness!”

‘Ylchi Asvarov’ said: “Greed killed that man.”

The ViralTab page is created by and dedicated to professional, independent freelance journalists. It is a place for us to showcase our work. When our news is sold to our media partners, we will include the link here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *