8yo Boy Dies Of Electric Shock From Charging Mobile

Story By: Lisa-Maria Goertz, Sub-Editor: Joseph Golder, Agency: Central European News

An 8-year-old boy received a fatal electric shock when plugging a mobile phone into an electrical plug.

The tragic incident took place in the city of Concordia, in the north-eastern Argentine province of Entre Rios.

According to national news outlet El Once, the little boy, who has not been named, was in his bedroom and went to plug in a mobile phone in an extension plug when he received the fatal electric shock.

CEN

Family members found the little boy and immediately took him to the Masvernat hospital nearby.

However, medics could only confirm he had died from a cardiorespiratory arrest caused by the electric shock, according to El Once.

Reportedly, the boy was found to have severe burns in his right hand, chest and right ankle.

The chief of police operations in Concordia, Miguel Altamirano, told El Once that the little boy “suffered a very big electrical discharge.

“He was given first aid and they tried to resuscitate him in the hospital, but tragically they were unable to save him.

“We are now trying to find out if it was the power strip, the electrical installation in the house or the charger which was faulty and could have caused the shock.”

Altamirano added that the family’s house did not have “a thermal key or a circuit breaker. The power of the charge was very big, which was why he died.”

There has been no further information about whether the phone was the little boys or his parents.

Police are investigating the incident.

The ViralTab page is created by and dedicated to professional, independent freelance journalists. It is a place for us to showcase our work. When our news is sold to our media partners, we will include the link here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *