Scooter Rider Dodges Gas Cylinder Fireball At Last Sec

Story ByJohn FengSub EditorJoseph GolderAgencyAsia Wire Report

Video Credit: AsiaWire

This is the moment a scooter rider manages to dodge a gas cylinder burning uncontrollably by the side of the road seconds before it explodes into a huge fireball.

Residents in Wuhan, capital of Hubei Province in Central China, reported the blaze to the fire service on the morning of 15th July.

Video taken by witnesses shows residents keeping their distance from the cylinder as it leaks gas which has caught fire outside a residential area.

previous arrow
next arrow
Slider

Pictures Credit: AsiaWire

According to reports, the cylinder belonged to a food cart owner Ms Yang, who ran off when the flame was accidentally ignited by her gas stove.

The video taken in the 10 minutes before the fire service arrived shows the cylinder finally exploding into a large ball of flames just as the scooter rider tries to squeeze past.

The rider manages to escape as witnesses duck for cover.

Firefighters reportedly put out the blaze shortly after, with no one reported during the accident.

Food cart owner Ms Yang, who said she was the first to call the fire service after the fire started, said the gas cylinder was newly purchased.

Reports suggested the food vendor may have mishandled the cylinder, causing the blaze.

The fire service said it was still investigating the case.

The ViralTab page is created by and dedicated to professional, independent freelance journalists. It is a place for us to showcase our work. When our news is sold to our media partners, we will include the link here.

John Feng

I am a senior journalist and editor, and have worked for a number of different news agencies over the last decade. I am currently editor-in-chief of the Asia Wire Report news wire.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *