Fisherman Electrocuted By Putting Live Wires In Water

Story By: Alex Cope, Sub Editor: Joseph Golder, Agency: Asia Wire Report

A fisherman has been found dead after reportedly using a generator and electric wires to make his catch and electrocuting himself instead by mistake.

Local media report the body fisherman R. G. Rajandran, 31, was found in the Kluang District in the state of Johor in western Malaysia.

Local police chief Mohd Abduh Ismail told reporters that passersby had found the fisherman’s body on Saturday (8th February) afternoon.

Ismail said that the victim is believed to have been using the generator and electric wires to try to catch fish in a river by stunning them so they could be fished from the surface.

The victim’s bidy was sent to Enche’ Besar Hajjah Kalsom Hospital for a post-mortem examination to be carried out, and the results have not yet been released but the death has been classified as ‘sudden death’.

Reports state that the victim worked on a palm oil plantation located close to the scene of the accident.

The ViralTab page is created by and dedicated to professional, independent freelance journalists. It is a place for us to showcase our work. When our news is sold to our media partners, we will include the link here.

Alex Cope

I am a senior writer and editor of the Golders news agency specialising in sports news from around the world.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *