A beach fast food vendor was seriously burned when his cart exploded in a fireball at a resort in Brazil.
Horrified Jonatas Cavalcante Alves, 37, watched as a leaking gas canister torched the brand new cart as he was preparing corn on the cob for beach users in Matinhos on 26th December.
Video footage of the drama shows flames shooting out the side of the stall while Jonatas and his customers try to put out the blaze with seawater, sand and damp towels.
Jonatas said: “I have only just got it and waiting a year to stop finally working so I could earn some money during the summer season.
“I was desperate to try and put it out, and I tried wet clothes and everything but nothing worked. When I tried to turn off the gas there was an explosion.”
And it only got worse when the canister was eventually pulled out from the cart, causing an even bigger fireball which quickly destroyed what was left of the cart.
The blaze only ended when the gas canister ran out after 20 minutes.
Jonatas suffered burns to his face, legs and arms but was released from hospital following emergency treatment.
He said what he really wants to do is to build another cart and get back out and start earning for his family, and has appealed for donations on social media to help fulfil the ambition.