Video Credit: AsiaWire
This footage shows firefighters and doctors sawing a toddler’s hand free after he fed it into a spinning juicer.
The painful accident happened in the boy’s family kitchen in the city of Jinan, capital of China’s eastern Shandong Province, with his parents rushing him to hospital with the appliance still attached.
Footage taken by the fire service shows fire captain Ren Futang, dressed in blue, discussing how best to rescue the boy, aged two, at the Qilu Children’s Hospital of Shandong University.
Picture Credit: AsiaWire
Medics had called in the fire service to bring specialised tools for the job, with rescuers coming to the conclusion that the only way to free the child was to break apart the juicer.
Ren said the boy’s family members gave their consent to disassemble the appliance, and the video shows them taking a small electric saw to the juicer’s plastic shell.
The boy’s left hand, which appears to be bleeding, can still be seen jammed deep inside the machine where the blades usually sit.
The rescuers, who said they covered the child’s eyes with clothes, were eventually able to pull the tot’s hand out after several minutes.
The child was immediately treated for his injuries, but it was unclear at the time of writing whether the boy had suffered any severe injuries to his fingers and bones.
The fire service has revealed the child was feeding fruit into the spinning juicer when he accidentally reached too far in with his left hand.