A fireman suspected of being a serial kidnapper in Germany has been arrested after he allegedly stabbed a teenage girl to death and threw her on a dirt road near a cornfield.
Andreas Becker, 42, is also suspected of attacking and stabbing another woman and was earlier convicted of kidnapping and sexual assault in another case.
Becker, who ran a pig farm as well, was arrested in the Kirchdorf district of Lower Saxony State, Germany, at around 8.10pm on Wednesday evening, 13th September.
He also reportedly had a senior position as a firefighter and is alleged to have knifed his latest victim, Mara-Sophie Horstmann, 17, in the chest, before he disposed of her body in a ditch near a cornfield on Sunday, 10th September.
Mara-Sophie’s body was found by a cyclist in the municipality of Barenburg, Diepholz district, in the state of Lower Saxony, Germany, at around 7pm later that day.
She was rollerskating at the time Becker allegedly attacked her. Autopsy results reportedly showed that she suffered a violent death.
Several days later, Becker targeted his next victim, reportedly a 30-year-old woman, who he allegedly attacked in a McDonald’s car park in the town of Sulingen, in Lower Saxony State, Germany.
The police said he stabbed her in the upper body with a knife at around 12:35 am on Wednesday, 13th September.
Following the attack, Becker reportedly fled in a grey Volkswagen Touran, but passers-by who remembered the licence plate numbers of his car alerted cops over the assault.
Police then initiated an immediate search for the offender and found out that he had been convicted for kidnapping a 14-year-old boy from the town of Uchte because he wanted to ‘cuddle a bit’ in 2016.
He was convicted of attempted sexual abuse of a teenager, kidnapping, and bodily harm, but reportedly got away with an 18-month suspended sentence.
Police said: “Andreas Becker is classified as dangerous. If you see the suspect or the car he was carrying, please inform the police immediately and do not approach the person.”
Becker was arrested after cops spotted his abandoned vehicle near the A7 motorway in the area of Schwarmstedt, and found him nearby after an hour-long search.
Diepholz Police said in a statement obtained by Newsflash on Wednesday, 13th September: “The car of the urgently wanted suspect was found abandoned this evening around 7 pm in Muehlenweg on the A7, Schwarmstedt exit.
“The suspect himself was arrested without resistance by police forces at around 8:10 pm in the Schwarmstedt area.”
Police did not disclose details on the investigation but revealed that he randomly chose his victims and attacked them in an uncontrolled manner.
Media said Becker is to be brought in court on Thursday, 14th September.