Story By: Ana Marjanovic, Sub-Editor: Michael Leidig, Agency: Newsflash
This photo shows how a hapless man was left with his feet dangling in the air after a faulty lift caused him to trip with his legs still outside the door.
The incident, in which the 55-year-old man narrowly escaped having his legs severed, happened in George Town, Malaysia, on the night between 17th and 18th June.
CCTV footage from inside the lift shows how the mishap occurred.
The man can be seen walking into the lift, but due to a malfunction, it starts ascending before the doors even have time to close.
The sudden movement catches the man off guard and he trips to the floor, with his legs left hanging out of the open lift door.
The lift then fortunately comes to an abrupt stop, possibly because of a safety feature kicking in when the doors failed to close properly.
And these images show how the man’s feet were left dangling over the bay in the wall.
The Jalan Perak Fire and Rescue Department was called and rescuers were dispatched to the scene to free the trapped man.
He was finally freed from the lift and sent to hospital for treatment for his apparently bloodied feet, as seen in another of these snaps.