Mum Making Cake With Son Dies Strangled By Food Mixer

Story ByJoseph Golder, Sub EditorJoseph GolderAgencyCentral European News 

A mum has died strangled by her food processor after her scarf became entangled in the device while she was making a cake with her son.

The incident took place in the La Metare district of Saint-Etienne, a city in eastern central France, in the Massif Central, in the Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes region.

The mother, who has not been named in reports but who was 58 years old, died on Sunday morning at around 10:30am, when the scarf she was wearing became entangled in the food mixer while she was making a cake with her 15-year-old son, according to firemen and police.

The teenager, who was reportedly “panicked”, called emergency services and was told to unplug the device and cut his mother’s scarf. Arriving firemen and ambulance crew tried to revive the mum, but she tragically died despite their numerous attempts to save her.

The incident took place while mother and son were making a cake in the kitchen. The make and model of the device are unclear. The only witness of the incident, the victim’s son, explained to police officers what had happened.

The authorities are set to conduct an autopsy in order to confirm the precise cause of death.

The ViralTab page is created by and dedicated to professional, independent freelance journalists. It is a place for us to showcase our work. When our news is sold to our media partners, we will include the link here.

Daily MailMetro

Joseph Golder

I am a journalist and currently work as the chief subeditor at Central European News.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *