Man Kills Pretty Mistress Who Banned Sex Until They Wed

Story BySimon GloverSub EditorJoseph GolderAgencyAsia Wire Report

This man has been arrested for killing his pretty mistress because she refused to have sex with him again until he left his wife and married her.

Chea Cheang, 30, allegedly strangled Phe Sreymak, 25, at a guesthouse where they met to have sex in the town of Neak Loeung in southern Cambodia’s Prey Veng Province.

Police say Cheang told them he killed his mistress, who was married to a military police officer, after she refused to have sex with him again until he agreed to leave his wife for her.

Pictures Credit: AsiaWire

Cheang, a construction worker, lived with his wife and their seven-year-old son in the Samraong Thom commune in the Kien Svay district of Kandal Province.

Mrs Sreymak lived with her husband and their two sons, aged seven and five, in the Prek Tumleap commune of the same province’s Loeuk Dek district.

Captain Nuon Sameth, of Kien Svay military police, said the illicit lovers had first made contact on Facebook in 2018. 

They met up for the first time in the capital city of Phnom Penh and began an adulterous relationship, he added.

Capt Sameth said they regularly met at various guesthouses so they could have sex without their spouses’ knowledge.

On the day of the murder, they had met at the Ramchang Guesthouse in Neak Loeung where Mrs Sreymak gave her lover an ultimatum.

She told him she would no longer have sex with him until he agreed they both would leave their partners to set up home together.

Capt Sameth said: “She asked him to divorce his wife while she herself would divorce her husband, so that they could live together as legal spouses. He did not agree to her proposal.”

The couple argued and Cheang allegedly lost his temper, strangling Mrs Sreymark and leaving her body on the bed before fleeing the scene and returning home.

But a suspicious security guard at the guesthouse later checked the room where he found the woman’s body and called the cops.

Cheang was arrested at his house two days later and taken away by military police for questioning.

He has since appeared before Prey Veng Provincial Court charged with murder and was detained in custody pending a trial. He faces up to 15 years in jail if he is convicted.