Boy Suffers Face Burns As Bangers Explode In His Hands

Story By: John Feng, Sub Editor: Joseph Golder, Agency:Asia Wire Report

previous arrow
next arrow
Slider

Picture Credit: AsiaWire

These images show a boy who suffered painful burns to his face when a string of bangers he had lit suddenly exploded in his hands.

The 13-year-old boy, who has not been named, is being treated at the First People’s Hospital of Chenzhou City in China’s Hunan Province.

Doctor Luo Ganping says the teenager has suffered serious injuries to his face, which is now charred, burnt and peeling from the blast.

The boy’s family members have revealed he was trying to light an unexploded banger from the ground when it suddenly exploded in his hands, causing the painful facial injuries.

Images of the boy standing in the hospital show his face having been blackened by the bangers’ gunpowder.

Doctor Luo said he has transferred the boy to the hospital’s burn ward, where he continues to be treated.

He is not believed to have compromised his eyesight during the accident.

Doctor Luo says the teen is the first ‘firework victim’ of the 2019 winter holiday period, which is certain to produce more similar similar cases as children break for the upcoming Chinese New Year celebrations.

Please follow and like us:
error0

John Feng

I am a senior journalist and editor, and have worked for a number of different news agencies over the last decade. I am currently editor-in-chief of the Asia Wire Report news wire.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *