Boy, 14, Zapped To Death While Charging Mobile Phone - ViralTab

Boy, 14, Zapped To Death While Charging Mobile Phone

A 14-year-old boy has been electrocuted to death at his home while charging his mobile phone.

Max Willyan dos Reis Gomes was found dead by relatives at the family farm in the municipality of Alexania in the Brazilian state of Goias on the night of 18th December.

According to the police, Max’s family said he went to the back of the farmhouse with the phone, the power cable, and an extension cord.

Teenager Max Willyan dos Reis Gomes from Alexania in Goias, Brazil, died after getting an electric shock while using a cell phone in December 2021. (Newsflash)

He was reportedly attempting to charge his phone when he suffered a fatal electric shock.

Relatives told the police that they heard a loud noise and went to the back of the house to check. They then saw that Max had been thrown several metres from the plug point and was unresponsive.

Paramedics from the Mobile Emergency Care Service (SAMU) arrived on the scene and tried to save the boy’s life, but to no avail.

The family said they do not know if the fatal shock came from one of the cables or the phone the boy was holding at the time.

Alexania in Goias, Brazil, where teenager Max Willyan dos Reis Gomes died after getting an electric shock while using a cell phone in December 2021. (Newsflash)

Police spokesperson Joceli Machado said the family believes the boy was shocked while fiddling with the device after it had been plugged in, but they are still looking into what exactly caused his death.

The teenager’s body was taken to a forensics centre in Anapolis to undergo an autopsy as the investigation continues.

Electrical accidents have been responsible for 402 deaths in Brazil in the first half of 2021, according to the latest data.