2yo Girl Dies After Choking On Bread At Babysitters Home

Story ByLee BullenSub EditorJoseph GolderAgencyAsia Wire Report

This two-year-old girl who lost consciousness after choking on a piece of bread, also pictured, at a babysitter’s home has died four days after being admitted to hospital.

The tot was staying at a babysitter’s house in the town of Selayang in the western Malaysian state of Selangor when tragedy struck.

According to reports, the tot died of hypoxic-ischaemic encephalopathy (HIE) with multiple organ failure after being rushed to the Selayang Hospital.

previous arrow
next arrow
Slider

Pictures Credit: AsiaWire/@amanz.shah & AsiaWire/@rose.marrya

Police spokesman Samsor Maarof confirmed that the toddler, whose name has not been reported, died four days after being hospitalised.

He said that medics informed him that the toddler, who reportedly choked on a hunk of bread while staying at a babysitter’s home in Selayang, was unconscious when she was brought to the hospital around 10am.

Maarof said: “At the emergency ward, the medical officer found a piece of bread during the resuscitation process.”

He revealed that the two-year-old died of hypoxic-ischaemic encephalopathy (HIE) with multiple organ failure four days later.

According to reports, HIE can occur when there is not enough oxygen and blood flowing to the brain.

It is unclear if the authorities are investigating the girl’s death further.

The ViralTab page is created by and dedicated to professional, independent freelance journalists. It is a place for us to showcase our work. When our news is sold to our media partners, we will include the link here.

The SunMirror KidSpot