Tragic Mum And Kids Die From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Story ByGheorghi Caraseni, Sub EditorJoseph GolderAgencyCentral European News 

This mother and her four children have tragically died from carbon monoxide poisoning at their home.

The incident happened at a family home in the village of Uzmorie which is in the Engelsk region of the Saratov region in Russia and was reportedly a result of the use of defective heating devices.

Local media report mother Tatyana Gadzhieva, 36, and four children Zahid Gadzhiev, 15, Nazim Gadzhiev, 9, Sabir Gadzhiev, 2 and another unnamed child born in 2005 all died in the home.

Picture Credit: CEN/TatyanaGadzhieva

These pictures show the tragic young mum along with her children in happier times before the dreadful tragedy took place.

Vice-Chairman of the Regional Government Roman Busargin said: “They lived in a private house. Allegedly, carbon monoxide poisoning caused the death of five people: four minors and one adult.”

Local media report the carbon monoxide had leaked into the house from the use of defective heating devices that were being used in unventilated rooms.

Picture Credit: CEN/TatyanaGadzhieva

Busargin confirmed that an investigation into the deaths has been launched and reports state that an enquiry had been initiated.

The incident comes after 11 people in the city of Hanti Mansiysk suffered carbon monoxide suffering, leaving 10 of them hospitalised.

The ViralTab page is created by and dedicated to professional, independent freelance journalists. It is a place for us to showcase our work. When our news is sold to our media partners, we will include the link here.