A Japanese restaurant where a mum of two had a 40th birthday sushi treat is being investigated by police after she died an hour later.
Tragic Rossella Di Fuorti went for lunch at the eatery in Naples, Italy, on 9th February.
But after getting home at 3pm, she immediately felt queasy and vomited several times before passing out.
Paramedics called to the home – reported local media – could only pronounce her dead from a suspected heart attack.
Now police are investigating whether she died of food poisoning or an allergic reaction to something on the menu.
The Public Prosecutor’s Office has ordered an autopsy and police have seized food from the restaurant for analysis.
Family and friends suspect the sushi Rossella ate may have been infected with bacteria after not being sufficiently blast-chilled.
The Chinese owners of the restaurant may be liable for charges of manslaughter and failure to comply with workplace hygiene standards.
A friend, who chose to remain anonymous, told local media: “On Thursday evening we were supposed to throw her a surprise party: everything was ready, the sparkling wine, the cake, the decorations.
“Then something no one, not in their wildest dreams, would have ever imagined happened: a phone call came, ‘Rossella isn’t well, she has a headache, it seems serious.’
“From then on, we no longer understood anything and we plunged into this tragedy.”
Rossella leaves behind husband Salvatore, son Angelo, and daughter Ines.