Dead Teen Girl In Iran Accuses IRGC Of Torture From Beyond The Grave

A shocking audio recording where a dead teenage girl talks of being tortured by Iranian security police into confessing that she was a protester shortly before her death has caused outrage online.

In the audio file, the voice of Yalda Aghafazli sounds hoarse which she said is a result of the screaming from the torture she endured after she was seized by security police at an anti-regime demonstration in Enghelab Square in central Tehran on 26th October.

She was taken into custody and released on 6th November, apparently without ever being informed what she was accused of.

During her 10 days in Qarchak Prison – where health and sanitation conditions are said to be poor – she spoke about being tortured so much that she screamed until she lost her voice.

In the recorded conversation that appears to have been made while she was still inside, she says: “I have never experienced so much violence in my 19 years of life until now.”

“I was beaten in these last 12-13 days so much, I screamed until I couldn’t scream any more.”

Yalda Aghafazli poses with family member after being released from prison in Tehran, Iran, undated. She reportedly took her own life in Tehran, Iran, Thursday, Nov. 10, 2022. (CEN)

“I didn’t feel any regrets until the last moment, that was why they beat me so hard, they said I didn’t feel any remorse.

“In the end I admitted everything and told them yes, I was figthing for my rights. I just shouted what I did until my voice was hoarse.”

“They beat me so much you can’t imagine. I can’t talk much here now. When I go out, I will talk face to face and tell you all about it.”

Shortly after the recording, she was dead, with some media reporting she killed herself as a result of the ordeal, and Iranian officials denying this and claiming that she was a drug user and died from an accidental overdose.

Yalda Aghafazli poses in an undated photo. She reportedly took her own life in Tehran, Iran, Thursday, Nov. 10, 2022. (CEN)

They said that an examination of the body showed no signs of bruising or ill-treatment.

But officials in Iran have been accused of inventing causes of death for protesters either killed or driven to taking their own lives by security agents.

Yalda had several facial piercings – which are generally frowned upon by authorities in Iran – and had shared videos of herself without a hijab on.

She was buried in Behesht-e Zahra Cemetery under the watchful eye of security agents.

Picture shows the image of Yalda Aghafazli at her third funeral ceremony, undated. She was detained and died few days after her release in Tehran, Iran, undated. (CEN)

The ongoing protests in Iran erupted on 16th September following the death of 22-year-old Mahsa Amini, who was allegedly beaten into a coma by morality police.

They have so far claimed at least 326 lives, including 43 children, and injured at least 1,160, according to independent estimates.