18yo Killed While Asleep By Phone Charging On Chest

Story ByAna LacasaSub EditorJoseph GolderAgencyCentral European News

A teenage boy who fell asleep with his charging phone on his chest has reportedly been electrocuted to death.

The incident took place in the municipality of Huancayo in the central Peruvian region of Junin after the victims parents found the teen dead in his room.

The body of the 18-year-old, identified as Ronaldino Carlos Eulogi, has been taken to a forensics facility in the city of Huahuas to undergo an autopsy, according to reports.

Picture Credit:CEN

A preliminary investigation reportedly found that the victim had fallen asleep with his hands on his mobile phone that was clutched to his chest while on charge.

The teenager suffered burns to his hands and chest, according to local media.

The brand of the phone and charger was not disclosed.

The investigation into Eulogi’s untimely death is ongoing.

Netizens had a lot to say about the tragic incident, with ‘Andy Garcia Bello’ commenting: “They have to be very careful and find out if he had wet hands at the time.”

‘Manahaim PS’ said: “You should never leave your mobile phone charging by the side of your bed. Also, only use original chargers to avoid these accidents from happening.”

The ViralTab page is created by and dedicated to professional, independent freelance journalists. It is a place for us to showcase our work. When our news is sold to our media partners, we will include the link here.

Ana Lacasa

I am a senior writer and journalist and editor of the Spanish desk for the Central European News agency.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *