Story By: Jonathan Macias, Sub Editor: Joseph Golder, Agency: Central European News
Two parents have been arrested after their young kids aged 1 and 3 reportedly ate their stash of crystal meth and ended up in hospital.
The incident took place in La Matanza in the north-western Mexican state of Sonoro when the two tots, aged just 3 and 1 respectively, reportedly consumed crystal methamphetamine and were spotted behaving strangely by a concerned neighbour.
The anonymous neighbour said: “There are two children, one who can barely walk, and they are intoxicated by ‘crystal meth’, their parents sell it and apparently the children thought it was food.”
According to local media, their parents, identified only as 41-year-old Ismael N. and 31-year-old Dulce Karely N., have been arrested and the cops found 50 packets of methamphetamine and 10 grammes of a brown substance later identified as heroin that was cut into smaller doses.
The police have also arrested a 13-year-old boy and two adults identified as Fernando N. and Miguel Angel N. in connection with the alleged drug activities.
Meanwhile, the two children tested positive in a toxicological test and are being treated at the Children’s Hospital of the State of Sonora (HIES).
The Attorney General’s Office said: “Today we managed to rescue the two little ones from the circumstances in which they lived and we are closely monitoring their health. The effects of the substances are amplified in children and one of them is still an infant.”
The investigation is ongoing.
The ViralTab page is created by and dedicated to professional, independent freelance journalists. It is a place for us to showcase our work. When our news is sold to our media partners, we will include the link here.