Worker Lighting Stove Sets Himself On Fire

Story BySibel AbdiuSub EditorJoseph GolderAgencyAsia Wire Report

WARNING: DISTRESSING CONTENT

Video Credit: AsiaWire

This is the shocking moment a worker runs out of a workshop engulfed in flames after setting himself ablaze while trying to light a stove.

The incident took place in the district of Nizip in the southern Turkish province of Gaziantep, and was filmed by a mounted CCTV camera in the workshop.

In the clip, the worker, identified as Ahmet Ozer, is seen running out of a back room while on fire.

previous arrow
next arrow
Slider

Pictures Credit: AsiaWire

A nervous colleague appears to avoid the flaming man and he runs off to get a jacket.

However, instead of using the clothing to smother his colleague’s flames, he stands there shaking the jacket as his workmate continues to suffer outside the entrance.

The burning man runs back into the workshop and the colleague appears to run out of his way.

Meanwhile, company owner Mustafa T. arrives with a hose and extinguishes the flaming man and the other worker, who appears to have received burns as well.

According to local media, Ozer was trying to light a stove with flammable liquid when he accidentally set himself alight.

As he ran outside, the flames caught his nearby colleague Mahmut Turkmen who reportedly received burns to five percent of his body.

Meanwhile, Ozer was burned on 25 percent of his body and was taken to a nearby hospital where he is still receiving treatment.

Turkmen has since been released from hospital.

It is unclear whether the incident is being investigated by the local authorities.

Please follow and like us:
error0

Sibel Abdiu

I have worked as a correspondent covering news from Turkey and Albania for several years now.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *