Unnoticed Battery In Babys Throat Was Leaking Acid

Story By: John Feng, Sub Editor:Joseph Golder,Agency:Asia Wire Report

Doctors have removed a battery from a two-year-old boy’s oesophagus after it went unnoticed for over 20 days and started to leak acid into his throat.

previous arrow
next arrow
Slider

Picture Credits: AsiaWire

The toddler from the city of Dongguan in South China’s Guangdong Province is believed to have swallowed the flat battery after finding it lying around.

It became lodged sideways in his oesophagus for three weeks, but the curious baby had no way of communicating his discomfort other than by crying.

The boy’s mum revealed the tot is mostly taken care of by his grandparents, who noticed his reluctance to eat or swallow solid foods.

They brought him to Dongguan Chang’an Hospital, where medics were shocked to see the battery stuck in his throat. The boy’s scans show the metallic object lighting up brightly just above his chest.

Doctors removed the battery during an endoscopy and found that acid had leaked and burnt the boy’s throat.

He is fortunately expected to make a full recovery and remains in hospital for further treatment.

Medics at the hospital reminded parents not to leave small objects within the reach of children.

Please follow and like us:
error0

John Feng

I am a senior journalist and editor, and have worked for a number of different news agencies over the last decade. I am currently editor-in-chief of the Asia Wire Report news wire.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *