TRAGIC MUM: Young Mother Electrocuted By Washing Machine

Story By:  Ana MarjanovicSub-EditorMichael Leidig, Agency:  Newsflash

A 20-year-old mum-of-one was killed when she put her hand in her washing machine and got a huge electric shock.

Viviane Rodrigues was putting on a wash at her home in the Argemiro neighbourhood of Juazeiro in the north-eastern Brazilian state of Bahia on Tuesday, 14th June.

Investigators said she suffered a massive shock when she put her hand in the machine while it was still running to retrieve some items of clothing.

Newsflash

Her husband rushed her to the local hospital emergency unit, but Viviane Rodrigues – mother to a nine-month-old son – was declared dead on arrival.

Following an autopsy, her body was taken to the rural community of Gameleira do Di in the municipality of ​​Campo Formoso, where her family lives.

She was buried in Gameleira do Di on 16th June. She leaves behind a husband and a baby son.