This two-month-old baby girl has fatally choked on her mother’s milk after the mum fell asleep while breastfeeding and woke up to find the infant lifeless.
The tragic incident took place at a residence in the neighbourhood of Mestanzade in the district of Seyhan in the city of Adana in the southern Turkish province of Adana.
It was on Wednesday, 15th February, that little Amar Selami started to cry and her mother Ula Taha, 21, started to breastfeed her infant daughter while in bed.
However, the young woman fell asleep while breastfeeding and woke up after a while to find her two-month-old daughter was no longer breathing.
She and her partner Muhammet Selami, who also have two other children, called the emergency services and paramedics were dispatched to the address.
The baby girl was taken to Adana City Training and Research Hospital by ambulance. However, despite medical staff’s best efforts, nothing could be done to save her.
Grieving dad Muhammet, 25, told reporters: “When I saw my child, she was bleeding from her nose and she was not breathing. We asked the medical teams for help. She was taken to hospital, but could not be saved.”
A post-mortem at Adana Forensic Medicine Institute determined that young Amar died from asphyxiation. She was buried in Kucukoba Cemetery in Seyhan.