Tots Arm Trapped In Pool Vacuum At Water Park

Story By: Buli Liang, Sub Editor: Joseph Golder, Agency: Asia Wire Report

Video Credit: AsiaWire

This is the moment firefighters saw a three-year-old boy’s arm free after it got stuck in a swimming pool vacuum port at a water park.

The incident took place in the city of Baotou in the northern Chinese region of Inner Mongolia when the family visited a water park inside a shopping centre on a fun day out.

According to local media, the unnamed boy put his arm in a suction port while paddling in one of the pools and could not get it out.

previous arrow
next arrow

Picture Credits: AsiaWire

His desperate mum and swimming pool attendants tried to help, but they were unable to remove the boy’s limb so they had to call the emergency services.

Five firefighters arrived and cut the youngster free, cleverly using an iPad to distract him with cartoons.

Reports said that the boy’s arm was swollen after being in the vacuum port for so long, and he occasionally looked up from the cartoons to say to firefighters: “Save me, sir!”

After a 30-minute operation, rescuers successfully cut the boy free and despite swelling and some scrapes, his arm was fine.

However, an ambulance arrived and took him to hospital for checks as a precaution.

Buli Liang

I am a freelance stringer and journalist based in China.