Video Credit: AsiaWire
This is the moment a nursery school teacher almost rips a girls ear off causing her to get six stitches.
School officials have since said that the six-stitch rip was an accident and blamed the tear on the youngster’s skin which was “too tender”.
A CCTV camera at the Baodao Mingxing Kindergarten in Haikou, capital of China’s southern province of Hainan, shows the girl, five, performing the dance routine together with her classmates.
Pictures Credit: AsiaWire
However, when she forgets part of the dance and fails to move in sync with the other pupils, the teacher springs from her seat.
The footage dated 27th May shows the teacher grabbing the girl by both ears and shaking her head – allegedly causing the injury.
According to the girl’s mum, Ms Long, the nursery school later telephoned her to say her daughter was being sent to hospital.
“I was so scared. I didn’t know what had happened to her. I rushed to the hospital as soon as I put down the phone,” Ms Long said.
The girl received six stitches for the tear on the back of her right ear.
Ms Long said: “I didn’t think her injury would be so serious. There was a big tear in her ear and it was bleeding heavily. I was stunned.”
The mum said the incident has scarred her daughter psychologically too.
“How hard did she pull on her ears?” Ms Long asked.
Local authorities who were called by the family to investigate the case obtained the CCTV footage allegedly showing how the girl’s injury occurred.
However, no police charges were filed as the nursery school agreed to a settlement of 50,000 RMB (5,730 GBP) as well as a return of the girl’s school fees.
Baodao Mingxing Kindergarten has since apologised for the incident, saying the staff member with seven years of teaching experience had been suspended pending further investigation by the city’s education authority.
However, a school spokeswoman surnamed Zheng said: “It was a one-off accident. She’s very professional and not that kind of teacher.”
Zheng added: “It was most likely because the child’s skin was too tender and the teacher accidentally [caused the injury].”