A tot in Colombia has died after he suffered three heart attacks as a result of drinking a glass of gasoline.
The two-year-old boy identified as Elian Josue Pina Valdez was reportedly left in the care of his aunt Maria Jose Valdez Pana while his parents were at work on Sunday, 19th February.
The two were reportedly in their home in the city of Barranquilla, in Atlantico Department, Colombia, when the boy ingested a glass of gasoline at around 1.30pm without his aunt noticing.
But after she saw the empty glass and realised what had happened, Pana took her nephew and rushed to the emergency centre where she told stunned medics what had happened.
The poor boy was reportedly admitted to the emergency unit in a critical state, doctors claimed.
But they sadly could not do much as the boy died at around 6pm, after he suffered three heart attacks in less than four hours.
Media did not disclose any information about how the boy took a hold of the glass of gasoline, or where he found it.
The case was reported to the Childhood and Adolescence Unit of the Metropolitan Police of Barranquilla who initiated an investigation regarding the tragic incident.
The tragic story spread rapidly on social media platforms as angered users did not restrain from commenting.
Facebook user Maria Fernanda Fernandez Salcedo said: “Oh God, why they neglected that baby, the pain he would have with that gasoline in his body, [be] more careful, stop looking at the cell phone so much.”
User Ledy Romero commented: “Tragic, how sad.”
Then a third user named Lili Diaz criticised: “ow sad! That was irresponsible.”