Three Passersby Zapped To Death By Fallen Power Line In Brazilian City

This is the moment smoke rises from the bodies of three dead passersby after they were zapped to death by a fallen power cable in a Brazilian city.

The footage, which also apparently shows a passing dog being electrocuted by the fallen cable, was filmed in the community of Beco da Colonia in the city of Jaboatao dos Guararapes in the Brazilian state of Pernambuco on the morning of 21st December.

According to the Fire Department, three teams were sent to the scene and one woman and two men died in the incident.

Leiza Valeria da Conceicao Silva, 51, (pictured) one of the three people who were electrocuted in the middle of the street after a high voltage electric cable fell in Pernambuco, Brazil on 21st December 2021. (Newsflash)

The victims have been named as mechanic Jonas Eduardo Lima da Silva, 23, his mother-in-law Leiza Valeria da Conceicao Silva, 51, and 65-year-old water deliveryman Nivaldo Batista de Albuquerque.

In the footage, a crowd of people is seen looking at the three dead bodies on the ground as a power cable lies nearby.

A dog walks along the road and onlookers shout for the animal to move away, but it steps on the live cable and is apparently electrocuted.

Leiza Valeria da Conceicao Silva, 51, (pictured) one of the three people who were electrocuted in the middle of the street after a high voltage electric cable fell in Pernambuco, Brazil on 21st December 2021. (Newsflash)

Reports said the animal died at the scene as well.

According to eyewitnesses, two cables fell from the utility pole. One killed the three victims and the other fell on the side of the road.

They added that it had been raining shortly before the three victims were electrocuted.

Nivaldo Batista de Albuquerque, 65, (pictured) one of the three people who were electrocuted in the middle of the street after a high voltage electric cable fell in Pernambuco, Brazil on 21st December 2021. (Newsflash)

Lorry driver Givanildo Francisco, 48, said: “I knew the mechanic by sight. He was the nephew of a bike shop owner here, a well-known place.

“I went there in the morning on my way to work and I was very shocked.”

The power company Neoenergia Pernambuco, responsible for providing electricity in the state, confirmed that it is investigating the incident in cooperation with the relevant authorities.