Story By: Feza Uzay, Sub-Editor: Marija Stojkoska, Agency: Newsflash
This seven-year-old boy has choked to death on a cracker that became stuck in his throat after a video he was watching on his dad’s phone made him laugh.
Muzaffer Gul, 7, was taken to hospital by his dad, Aykut Gul, after he choked on a cracker at their home in the neighbourhood of Kizilka, in the city of Adana, in the Turkish province of the same name on Sunday, 14th November.
Muzaffer was sat on a sofa in the living room eating crackers and watching a funny video on his dad’s phone, according to the news site DHA.
One of the videos sent Muzaffer into a fit of giggles, and as he was laughing, a cracker slid down his throat and got stuck. He fell off the sofa as he gasped for air and collapsed onto the floor, according to reports.
Aykut quickly grabbed his son, carried him out to his car and drove him to a nearby private hospital.
By the time they arrived at the hospital, it was too late, and the doctors were unable to save the boy’s life.
Muzaffer’s body was transferred to the Adana Forensic Medicine Institute morgue for autopsy.
Following the autopsy, Aykut returned to the hospital to collect the body yesterday (15th November), and he told DHA: “After dinner, he was watching a video on my phone while eating crackers.
“He was laughing. Suddenly, the phone fell from his hand, and then he collapsed to the ground. We brought him to the hospital, but he passed away.”
Muzaffer was buried at the Kizilkas Cemetery.
The exact cause of death of the little boy will be confirmed by the autopsy.
An investigation into the incident has been launched.