Story By: James King, Sub-Editor: Marija Stojkoska, Agency: Newsflash
This quick-thinking dad has saved his daughter’s life after she started to choke when she swallowed a sweet, which got stuck in her airways.
The dad, who was not named, is seen standing alongside the little girl, who is seated at a desk in the footage shot at the family home in the major city of Qingdao in eastern Shandong Province, in China.
She appears to try to retch, but when that does not work, she turns to her dad and points at her throat while struggling to speak.
Quickly realising that she is choking, the man grabs her in his arms and tilts her forward, compressing her chest repeatedly in an effort to dislodge the foreign body.
Although it is initially unclear what it is, after just 10 seconds, the sweet comes flying out of the girl’s mouth and lands on the floor, where it is spotted by the dad.
He then stops his efforts and puts her on the ground, where he shows her the cause of her discomfort and warns her to be more careful.
The little girl, who is reportedly eight years old, made a full recovery, and the video was shared to ensure that other parents took note and were also aware of how to carry out the Heimlich manoeuvre.