Story By: Gheorghi Caraseni, Sub Editor: Joseph Golder, Agency: Central European News
This is the moment a blogger suffers second-degree burns after being set alight while sitting in a rubber tyre and being dragged along the icy ground behind a car.
According to local media, 19-year-old Valery from the city of Oryol in the western Russian region of Oryol Oblast initially wanted to carry out the stunt on a motorbike, but ended up improvising with a rubber tube.
The blogger said: “Five cars, a tube, petrol and a camera is all I needed to shoot this video!
“It was totally improvised, the video was finished in 2.5 hours. I was not scared as I love extreme activities and I plan to film more videos like this for my fans.”
However, not everything went smoothly for the teen and he reportedly suffered second-degree burns, while the local police have confirmed they will investigate the matter.
In the video footage, the teen is seen with his jacket ablaze as he sits in a rubber tube and is dragged along the icy ground by pals in a white car.
At the end of the video, he appears to suffer burns and he throws off an item of clothing.
Netizen ‘Dmitry G’ wrote: “Silly stunt.”
‘Smile1978’ said: “People, take care of yourselves. It is never worth risking your life for likes. You could end up disabled.”
The ViralTab page is created by and dedicated to professional, independent freelance journalists. It is a place for us to showcase our work. When our news is sold to our media partners, we will include the link here.