This is the moment a phone battery explodes in a huge fireball while a technician carries out repairs.
The incident was filmed by a CCTV camera at the repair shop in the municipality of Sobral in the Brazilian state of Ceara on 21st March.
In the footage, the repairman is seen talking his partner while apparently carrying out a heating test on the device when it suddenly explodes in a large fireball.
He jumps from seat before checking on the flaming phone and inspecting the burn to his arm.
According to local reports, the technician, named as Manoel Jeronimo Lira, was carrying out a heating test on the device when it exploded.
He later explained that the phone battery overheated and exploded during the repair because he was not informed that it had already been fully charged and was not original make.
The technician said the phone owner left the device at the store for repair, but failed to mention that the battery was a third-party brand and already charged.
However, despite the scare and burns to his arm, he said he has fully recovered and put it down to ‘just one of those things’.
Manoel said: “It is okay, it was just a work incident. Thank God I didn’t have many injuries, just burns on my arm.”
He added: “It’s a warning to other phone technicians to always pay attention and to ask the customer if the battery is fully charged. It’s all right now.”