A dog owner was shocked to find her corgi lying on its back in a pool of “blood” which actually turned out to be the juice of a dragon fruit the pooch had eaten before falling asleep.
Vietnamese netizen ‘Evangaleina Wong’ reportedly found her pet corgi on the floor and thought the pooch had died from blood loss.
In the first image, the corgi can be seen lying on the floor on its back, with red liquid covering its fur and smeared on the floor around it.
However, upon further inspection she found that the pooch was very much alive, but had eaten itself to sleep after gorging on a dragon fruit, leaving its red juices all over its fur.
Images show the cheeky pooch being held up with its tongue sticking out and fruit juices all over its body.
Netizen ‘chrissytwittwit’ who shared the images from the Malaysian state of Sarawak wrote: “Its owner found it like this and thought it died due to loss of blood. Found out that it was just dragon fruit and (it) had fallen asleep from being too full.”
The images have been shared over 81,000 thousand times and have received over 96,000 likes on social media.
Netizen ‘matamu_tamu’ commented: “So cute.”
While ‘camille’ simply added “Food coma.”
The ViralTab page is created by and dedicated to professional, independent freelance journalists. It is a place for us to showcase our work. When our news is sold to our media partners, we will include the link here.