Mortar Shell Explodes After 2 Men Leave It On Gas Stove

Story ByMichael Leidig, Sub EditorJoseph GolderAgencyNewsflash

Newsflash/Police Hungary

More than 100 people have been evacuated from a 10-story building in Hungary after two men left a live mortar shell from World War II on a stove and it then exploded.

The blast caused significant damage to the flat located in Vac in the Pest county in Hungary and also left the two men in needed hospital treatment.

Investigators from the country’s counterterrorism squad who according after it was revealed the damage the property was caused by an explosion have reportedly recovered numerous other explosive relics from World War II (WWII) including some that were live.

Newsflash/Police Hungary

A police statement indicated the men appeared to have been running a business turning the unexploded shells into ornaments and had possibly been heating the grenade as part of that process.

The blast occurred in the kitchen of the 3rd-floor flat in details of the man’s injuries were not revealed. It was not clear where the additional military relics were seized.

Newsflash/Police Hungary

The men now face charges of the improper storage and ownership of explosive devices.

This footage shows a subsequent raid on a property where the two suspects are said to have sourced the weaponry from and police are now investigating its contents.

The ViralTab page is created by and dedicated to professional, independent freelance journalists. It is a place for us to showcase our work. When our news is sold to our media partners, we will include the link here.

Michael Leidig

Looking for enquiries from partners to help our freelance journalism network to grow.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *