This is the moment a passerby does not hesitate to risk his life to pull a young Egyptian boy free from a faulty high-voltage shock that was electrocuting him on the street.
The incident was filmed in the village of Al Munir in the northern Egyptian governorate of Sharqia, and the footage was shared on Facebook by ‘Mr Khamis’ where it has been viewed over 50,000 times.
The eight-year-old boy was playing with friends when he rested his hand on the faulty utility pole and was electrocuted.
While his grip was ‘stuck’ tight to the pole due to the currents racing through his body, a passerby intervened to save the young lad.
In the CCTV footage, the boy is seen turning a corner to apparently talk with a friend before casually placing his hand on the pole.
The boy falls to the ground with his hand still stuck to the pole as a panicking woman runs by and a girl calls for help.
Meanwhile, a man runs up to the boy and drags him away from the utility pole by his feet.
As soon as the lad is separated from the pole, he slightly raises his head. The man then lifts the boy up and gives him a cuddle before laying him on a step as a crowd forms.
The boy’s rescuer, named Muhammad Ibrahim, told local media that he did not think twice when he saw the boy being zapped by the pole.
He added that a nurse was among the group of passersby who managed to bring him back to consciousness and that she helped to save his life as well.
Ibrahim also said the power company has been informed of the faulty pole and they promised to carry out repairs to prevent a similar accident happening again and find out what went wrong in the first place.