Moment Gas Explodes In Kitchen Seconds After Woman Leaves Room - ViralTab

Moment Gas Explodes In Kitchen Seconds After Woman Leaves Room

This is the moment a gas canister explodes in a kitchen seconds after a woman leaves the room to attend to her infant son.

The incident took place in the city of Zhanjiang, which is located in the south-eastern Chinese province of Guangdong, on the coast, near Hong Kong.

The woman, who has been named in local media as Ms Zhong, was cooking in her kitchen at home with her youngest son in the living room.

Fire bursts in kitchen due to a gas leak seconds after woman leaves the room in Zhanjiang, China. (586416647/AsiaWire)

Her little boy, who has not been named, was reportedly crying constantly, causing the woman to leave the room to check on him.

She can be seen walking out of the kitchen and entering the living room to check in on her son shortly before the explosion occurs.

Suddenly, there is a flash of light and flames as the gas canister explodes.

Fire bursts in kitchen due to a gas leak seconds after woman leaves the room in Zhanjiang, China. (586416647/AsiaWire)

The mother is quoted in local media as saying: “If it weren’t for my son, my life would be gone.”

She subsequently shared aftermath footage on social media and said that the fire had been caused by a gas leak.

But rather than the expected message of support, she was shocked that a lot of people seemed to only want to comment on the fact that the flat appeared to be messy.

Fire bursts in kitchen due to a gas leak seconds after woman leaves the room in Zhanjiang, China. (586416647/AsiaWire)

She responded by reproaching netizens for criticising the cleanliness of her home and warned people to focus on what was more important, namely checking that the gas is always off before leaving their homes.