This is the moment a customer holding a phone battery in a repair shop gets a shock when it suddenly explodes in his hands with a loud bang.
The incident took place in the city of Deyang, which is located in central China’s Sichuan province.
The footage shows the man standing at the counter in the mobile phone repair store. The repair shop man hands him the battery, which he had reportedly just removed from the device that the customer had brought in.
The customer can be seen fumbling with the battery, despite the repair shop man reportedly telling him to avoid doing so is it could be dangerous, and it suddenly explodes, startling a woman sitting behind a nearby counter, who has not been named, and the man behind the shop’s main counter.
The customer, who has not been named, drops the phone battery on the floor where it can be seen burning.
The customer had reportedly detected a bulge in his phone, which is why he had taken it to the repair shop.
The man in the repair shop, who has been named as Mr Yin, had reportedly told him that the bulge could be a sign that there was a problem that could cause the phone to explode.
The make and model of the phone and the phone battery have not been reported. No injuries were reported in the incident.