Man Survives As Gas Blast Sends Him Plunging 5 Floors

Story By: John FengSub-Editor:  Joseph Golder, Agency: Asia Wire Report 

These images show a man who survived being thrown from his kitchen window and plunging five storeys to the ground after reportedly causing a gas explosion with his cigarette.

The unnamed resident from Jinan, capital of Shandong Province in East China, was found alive and conscious but suffering from serious burns all over his body on the afternoon of 8th December.

Picture Credit: AsiaWire

Neighbours living inside the Qinghe Xinju Residential District said they heard the loud blast coming from high-rise flat, which scattered debris including glass and window frames onto the ground below.

The man, who is thought to have been smoking in his kitchen, was flung from his window and fell five floors onto the ground below.

The authorities believe he accidentally ignited colourless natural gas which leaked into his kitchen.

Picture Credit: AsiaWire

Neighbouring residents said the man’s clothes were ripped from the blast, and he was breathing heavily and unable to speak despite remaining conscious.

One unnamed witness told local media: “After being thrown out by the explosion, he was still holding his cigarette in his hand.”

The victim is reportedly one of a family of three, but he was the only person in the flat during the freak accident.

An investigation is ongoing. The victim reportedly suffered burns and is alive, although further details pertaining to their exact condition is currently unclear.

The ViralTab page is created by and dedicated to professional, independent freelance journalists. It is a place for us to showcase our work. When our news is sold to our media partners, we will include the link here.