Home-Alone Toddler And Baby Brother Die In Horror House Blaze

Story ByAna LacasaSub EditorJoseph GolderAgencyNewsflash

A toddler and his baby brother have both died in a house blaze in Honduras started after a fallen tree branch hit a power line and caused a short circuit while their mother was at a funeral.

The blaze took place in the community of El Juncal in the municipality of Olanchito located in the north-central Honduran department of Yoro.

The victims have been identified as Emerson Acosta, 3, and his brother Isaac Acosta, 10 months old.


According to the newspaper El Heraldo, the children were left alone at home because their mother and gran went to the neighbour’s funeral.

One eyewitness told El Heraldo that a tree branch fell on a power line close to the house, causing a short-circuit that sparked the blaze.

Local residents tried to save the two children from the house, but were unable to find them in the thick smoke and flames.


Firefighters arrived on the scene and eventually discovered the children’s remains among the debris.

The local authorities have yet to confirm whether the parents are being investigated over the deaths.

The ViralTab page is created by and dedicated to professional, independent freelance journalists. It is a place for us to showcase our work. When our news is sold to our media partners, we will include the link here.