Hilton Hotel Told Family Of Tot, Aged 2, Who Had Been Electrocuted, To Take A Taxi - ViralTab

Hilton Hotel Told Family Of Tot, Aged 2, Who Had Been Electrocuted, To Take A Taxi

A family who was on holiday in Turkey is taking legal action against the Hilton after their son was electrocuted and they were told to take a taxi instead of calling an ambulance.

The family, from South Africa, was reportedly convinced that the two-year-old boy was dead, as they could find no trace of a heartbeat, according to their lawyer, and after the hotel staff refused to call for medical help, they had to take a taxi themselves.

The lawyer for the family, Melike Eraslan, said they had then gone to three different hospitals before they finally managed to get treatment for their two-year-old son – and the hospital staff confirmed he was alive after the family became convinced his heart had stopped.

A 2-year-old boy (pictured) was electrocuted in a hotel room, where he was staying with his family, in Istanbul, Turkey. (Newsflash)

Eraslan said it was appalling that the hotel staff had done nothing to help the little boy and his mum and dad, who has been named as Zakariyya Ismail Mohammed, to get to the hospital.

The family filed a criminal complaint with the authorities against the DoubleTree by Hilton hotel in the historical and touristy district of Fatih in the Old Town of Turkey’s largest city Istanbul.

Eraslan said: “The Mohammed family came to Istanbul on holiday from the Republic of South Africa in the first week of February.”

A 2-year-old boy who was electrocuted in a hotel room, where he was staying with his family, in Istanbul, Turkey, was pictured with his family. (Newsflash)

She said that the incident happened on the evening before the family was set to return home.

She added: “The family could not understand what was going on for a while, as the child remained motionless, but when his father touched his son, he was also electrocuted.

“They called reception and said the little boy was electrocuted and demanded that an ambulance be called.

A 2-year-old boy (pictured) who was electrocuted in a hotel room, where he was staying with his family, in Istanbul, Turkey, was brought back to life in a hospital. (Newsflash)

“The hotel officials failed to take responsibility in this instance as well and told them to go by taxi, leaving them alone in a foreign country.

“The clients visited exactly three hospitals. This process corresponds to exactly six to seven hours.”

She said that despite being saved, the damage was severe: “He was treated in the burns unit for two days, and his neurological treatment will continue for three to four years.

The exposed LED lights in the hotel room where a 2-year-old boy was electrocuted, in Istanbul, Turkey. (Newsflash)

“He is healthy now. We do not know if he will have a health problem in the future. We have started the legal process.”

The Hilton hotel reportedly chose not to respond to requests for comment from local media.

DoubleTree by Hilton is an American hotel chain managed by Hilton Worldwide.