Girl, 2, Dies After Getting Electric Shock From Phone Charger - ViralTab

Girl, 2, Dies After Getting Electric Shock From Phone Charger

Story By: William McGeeSub-EditorMarija Stojkoska, Agency: Newsflash

This two-year-old baby girl has tragically died after receiving an electric shock from a mobile phone charger.

The incident took place in the municipality of Erere in the north-eastern Brazilian state of Ceara on the afternoon of Monday, 23rd August.

Sara Alves de Albuquerque, aged 2, was taken to hospital still alive after she received an electric shock from the mobile phone charger.

Sara Alves de Albuquerque, pictured with an unidentified woman, 2-years-old, died after an electric shock from a cell phone charger, in Erere, Brazil, on 23rd August. (Newsflash)

She received treatment, but despite the doctors’ best efforts, she passed away.

Police in the neighbouring municipality of Iracema will investigate the circumstances surrounding the youngster’s death.

The town hall of Erere (population estimated at 6,840 last year) released a statement expressing its “profound grief” over the young girl’s death.

It was not revealed what make of phone was involved and it was also not revealed whether it was a charger from a recognised brand.

A condolence note for Sara Alves de Albuquerque, 2-years-old, died after an electric shock from a cell phone charger, in Erere, Brazil, on 23rd August. (@prefeituraerere/Newsflash)

A representative from the town hall wrote: “In this moment of deep pain, the municipal public administration expresses its solidarity with her family and friends, and expresses its most sincere condolences for this unspeakable loss.”

Facebook user Viviane Gomes Freitas commented: “Rest in peace, little Sara. You’re a little angel with little wings now. Take care of your mummy from up there above, you hear?”

Netizen Celia Paiva wrote: “There are moments when we cannot find the words to externalise our feelings, above all when it’s reported about a child. I wish them a lot of strength. May God comfort her parents’, relatives’ and friends’ suffering hearts.”

The investigation into Sara’s death is ongoing.

Brazil registered 355 deaths from electric shocks last year.