Freed Wolf-Mask Rapist Of 11yo Girl Not Deemed Dangerous

Story ByKoen BerghuisSub EditorJoseph GolderAgencyCentral European News

The suspect who allegedly raped an 11-year-old girl while wearing a wolf mask has admitted to the crime as it emerged he is a convicted sex offender released months beforehand after officials no longer deemed him a threat.

The attack on the young girl took place on 25th June in the Bavarian capital Munich in southern Germany and made headlines around the world.

The girl was walking in a park when the 43-year-old suspect allegedly dragged her into the bushes and raped her.

previous arrow
next arrow

Pictures Credit: CEN

Wearing a scary wolf mask and white latex gloves, he reportedly approached the girl from behind, grabbed her with both hands and pulled her jacket over her face.

Afterwards, he reportedly told the girl: “Lay still for at least five minutes, I know where you live and I will harm you and your family if you tell them.”

However, the young victim was able to tell her parents about the horrific ordeal, who immediately alerted the cops.

Two days later, Christoph K., 43, was arrested at his workplace after his DNA was found at the crime scene and on the victim’s clothes.

According to local media, he has now confessed to the crime.

The confession is likely to spare the girl, who is heavily traumatised and still under the care of a police crisis intervention team, of the need to testify in court.

According to reports, Christoph K. is a convicted paedophile with a long criminal record.

In 2000, he raped the 14-year-old granddaughter of a befriended billionaire after plying her with alcohol, according to local media.

In 2010, he appeared in court again and was found guilty of 17 counts of child abuse and sentenced to four years and 11 months in prison.

However, he never went to jail and was instead locked up in an enclosed psychiatric clinic in Munich.

In 2018, doctors believed that Christoph K. deserved to be conditionally released and allowed him to stay at an assisted living unit.

Chief prosecutor Hildegard Baumler-Hoesl said that they did not object to Christoph K. being released as the medical report no longer classified him as dangerous and he had no choice but to follow suit.

According to local media, Christoph K. was due to being granted complete freedom when he decided to strike again.

The investigation is ongoing.

The ViralTab page is created by and dedicated to professional, independent freelance journalists. It is a place for us to showcase our work. When our news is sold to our media partners, we will include the link here.