This is the moment the battery of an electric bike fills a garage with smoke before exploding and damaging three other electric vehicles and two motorbikes.
The incident took place in a car park in the district of Chongchuan in the city of Nantong in the eastern Chinese province of Jiangsu on 23rd May.
Local media said the dry powder fire system was triggered by the battery explosion and helped to protect other nearby vehicles from being damaged.
Shortly afterwards, the fire brigade arrived on the scene to deal with the incident and launch an investigation.
According to the news site Baidu, a high-power non-national standard lithium battery with a high-risk factor caused the explosion, prompting the local authorities to remind buyers of electric vehicles to only use approved equipment that meets national standards.
In the footage, the garage is seen filling with thick smoke apparently coming from a parked electric bike.
As the room is filled with smoke, the battery explodes and the vehicle is seen covered in flames.
The automatic dry powder fire system then kicks in and apparently helps to prevent the fire from spreading to other vehicles.
However, three other electric vehicles and two motorbikes were reportedly damaged by the fire.
The incident remains under investigation.