Daft Corgi Gets So Close To Campfire To Warm Itself In Winter Cold That Its Fur Catches Fire - ViralTab

Daft Corgi Gets So Close To Campfire To Warm Itself In Winter Cold That Its Fur Catches Fire

These images show a daft corgi sat so close to a campfire to warm itself in the winter cold that its fur catches fire and it does not seem to even notice.

The incident took place in the city of Luoyang, which is located in Henan province in central China, on Friday 21st January.

The footage shows the corgi having a lie down very close to a campfire. The fur on the right side of its neck and shoulder can be seen smoking before it suddenly catches fire.

Corgi dog catches fire while warming in Luoyang, China. (143667881/AsiaWire)

The daft corgi does not appear to notice that it is on fire. But its owner hits it on the head, apparently thinking that this will be enough to make it realise that it is burning and that it will move away from the fire.

But the poor dog does not appear to understand what it has done wrong and does not move, prompting the owner to move in and pull it away from the fire, putting out its fur in the process.

The owner, who has been named as Ms Wang, said that they had started a fire to roast some food outside her home but it was so cold that day that her dog nestled closely to the fire for warmth.

Corgi dog catches fire while warming in Luoyang, China. (143667881/AsiaWire)

She said that the dog caught fire twice that day while trying to get warm by the fire. She added that it was not injured in either incident, escaping with mere singes to its fur.

A second piece of footage shows the burnt fur area and the dog, which appears to know, judging by the look in its eyes, that it has done something wrong, although it does not realise what.