Boy Aged 6 Electrocuted By Lamppost

Story By: Alex Cope, Sub Editor: Joseph Golder, Agency: Asia Wire Report

Video Credit: AsiaWire

This is the moment a six-year-old boy is electrocuted after touching a faulty lamppost as he plays with his friends.

The startling incident occurred in the upmarket residential area of Narsingi in the city of Hyderabad in the Indian state of Telangana and was recorded by a CCTV camera.

In the footage, a group of children can be seen playing when one of them, a six-year-old boy who has not been named in reports, puts his hand on a lamppost.

previous arrow
next arrow
Slider

Picture Credits: AsiaWire

The boy becomes stuck to the lamppost with reports stating he was unable to take his hand off it because of the current running through his body.

Reports state the boy remained stuck to the lamppost for around five minutes before he can be seen in the video dropping to the ground in front of onlookers who do not appear to react.

Local residents reportedly tried to resuscitate the boy using CPR and police Sub-Inspector K. M. Raghavendra said a female security guard received a small electric shock when she first touched the boy.

The six-year-old was then rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared dead on arrival.

A police investigation has been launched into death due to negligence and reports state that the building company INCOR Developers, the PBEL City resident welfare association and the company responsible for maintenance in the community are all being investigated.

It is unclear why the electricity was running through the lamppost and the investigation is ongoing.

Please follow and like us:
error0

Alex Cope

I am a senior writer and editor of the Golders news agency specialising in sports news from around the world.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *