Beautiful Hotel Worker, 31, Dies After Drinking Marble Polish Left Next To Water Bottle - ViralTab

Beautiful Hotel Worker, 31, Dies After Drinking Marble Polish Left Next To Water Bottle

Story By: Feza Uzay, Sub-Editor: Marija Stojkoska, Agency:  Newsflash

This beautiful hotel worker has died after drinking marble polish left next to a bottle of water.

The tragic incident took place at Hitit Hotel in the district of Selcuk in the western Turkish province of Izmir on the evening of Monday, 27th December.

Ozde Civici, 31, who worked in the hotel’s public relations department, went to deliver some promotional brochures for the hotel’s New Year’s Eve bash and later returned to the office in need of a drink.

Ozde Civici, 31, (pictured) died after drinking the marble polish inside a plastic bottle, which she thought was water, in Izmir Turkey on 27th December 2021. (@ozde.civici/Newsflash)

She saw a plastic bottle on her desk and, presuming it was her water, took a gulp from it. She vomited straight away, and her colleagues called for medical assistance.

She was taken to the Selcuk State Hospital by paramedics who arrived on the scene, and when her condition worsened, she was transferred to another hospital in Izmir.

However, despite their best efforts, the medics were unable to save the woman’s life, and her body was sent to the Forensic Medicine Institute for a post-mortem.

Ozde Civici, 31, (pictured) died after drinking the marble polish inside a plastic bottle, which she thought was water, in Izmir Turkey on 27th December 2021. (@ozde.civici/Newsflash)

Local media said the highly toxic polish severely damaged her internal organs soon after she drank it.

The police opened an investigation into the woman’s death and checked her office, concluding that a bottle of marble polish had been left alongside a bottle of water.

The police took statements from hotel workers as well as an unnamed marble setter, and they are now under investigation for possible negligence, according to local reports.

Ozde Civici, 31, (pictured) died after drinking the marble polish inside a plastic bottle, which she thought was water, in Izmir Turkey on 27th December 2021. (@ozde.civici/Newsflash)

The investigation into the worker’s death is ongoing.