Story By: John Feng, Sub Editor: Joseph Golder, Asia Wire Report
Video Credit: AsiaWire
This is the moment fireworks and bangers explode uncontrollably in an unplanned 20-minute display after a vendor’s roadside booth caught fire.
Residents in Shenbei New Area in the city of Shenyang, capital of north-eastern China’s Liaoning Province, were left covering their ears as all of the pyrotechnics went off at almost the same time on 21st January.
The footage shows smoke rising from the firework vendor’s booth, which has been set up on the side of the road by a residential community’s crowded car park.
As the blaze spreads across all the products – on sale before the upcoming Chinese New Year holidays – all of the fireworks including strings of bangers are ignited and go off uncontrollably one after the other.
Local residents said the unplanned fireworks display lasted for 20 minutes, with bystanders unable to get within 10 metres (30 feet) of the vendor’s booth as it exploded.
A number of nearby vehicles are understood to have been burnt by exploding fireworks.
District police had been called, with authorities still in the process of estimating the amount of damage done to nearby cars.
According to reports, no one was harmed during the accident.
The ViralTab page is created by and dedicated to professional, independent freelance journalists. It is a place for us to showcase our work. When our news is sold to our media partners, we will include the link here.