Adorable 8yo Boy Electrocuted By Fallen Power Line

Story By: Jonathan MaciasSub EditorJoseph GolderAgency: Central European News

Picture Credit: CEN

This adorable eight-year-old boy has been electrocuted to death after stepping on a power cable next to a fallen utility pole on a country lane.

The incident took place on 7th January in the neighbourhood of Potrero Cue in the city of Coronel Oviedo located in the southern Paraguayan department of Caaguazu when the boy was riding his bike in a playing field.

According to local media, the eight-year-old victim, identified as Jesus Melgarejo Estigarribia, was riding his bicycle around a football pitch in the area when he placed his foot on a power cable next to a fallen utility pole.

Picture Credit: CEN

The youngster was electrocuted by the current before being rushed to a local hospital where doctors pronounced him dead on arrival, according to reports.

The utility post reportedly fell during a storm that hit the area the day before.

Images show the felled utility pole on the side of a dirt lane with several cables on the ground.

Local prosecutor Fermin Segovia reportedly blamed the National Electricity Administration (ANDE) for the incident and vowed to carry out a thorough investigation and take legal action against the state-owned organisation.

The investigation is ongoing.

Picture Credit: CEN

The ViralTab page is created by and dedicated to professional, independent freelance journalists. It is a place for us to showcase our work. When our news is sold to our media partners, we will include the link here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *