9mo Baby Girl Swallows Her Mothers Headscarf Pin

Story ByAngjela TrajkovskaSub EditorJoseph GolderAgency: AsiaWire Report

This nine-month-old baby girl is receiving treatment after being rushed to hospital when she swallowed her mother’s headscarf pin.

The incident took place in the small town of Ajil in the constitutive state of Terengganu in Malaysia, when the 33-year-old mother, identified as Noor Amira, was driving home her unnamed daughters, aged 11 and nine months.

She reportedly said that her elder child raised the alarm as she was embracing the baby in the passenger seat and noticed she had put something in her mouth.

previous arrow
next arrow
Slider

Pictures Credit: AsiaWire

Amira explained local media that her daughter shouted that the baby had swallowed something which looked like a pin.

She added that the baby had probably found the pin from her headscarf which she dropped between the door and the car seat. 

At hospital it was confirmed with an X-ray scan that the baby had swallowed a pin which was then removed with excretion.

The pin was later found in the baby’s stool, according to local media.

The nine-month-old is receiving treatment at hospital in the capital city of Kuala Terengganu.

It is not clear whether she had suffered any injuries after swallowing the pin nor if her condition is stable now.

Netizen ‘Nadja Oemar’ commented: “Hope the baby is fine now.”

And ‘Aaron Chieng’ added: “God help the baby.”

Please follow and like us:
error0

Angjela Trajkovska

I am a journalist and subeditor working for Central European News.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *